Friday, November 18, 2011

Review: GBM Corner


My friend Mark recently started a blog with reviews called GBM Corner. I'm guessing you're wondering what GBM stands for. G stands for video games. B stands for books. M stands for movies. They stand for video games, books, and movies because that's what he reviews. I think his blog is amazing. So far, he has only reviewed books.

The books he's reviewed are Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever, Encyclopedia Brown: The Case of Pablo's Nose, and Big Nate on a Roll. I've read Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever and Encyclopedia Brown: The Case of Pablo's Nose. He rates the books with letters. He rated Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever an A-. I would rate it an A. He rated Encyclopedia Brown: The Case of Pablo's Nose an A-. I would rate it a C+. You should go on his blog A.S.A.P.

Here is a book review I wrote for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever:

The book Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever is the sixth book in the Diary of a Wimpy kid series. Some of the book is about how he wanted to have a holiday bazaar. The newspaper would charge him one thousand dollars for the full page color ad he wanted. Greg (the main character) decides to call his friend Rowley to make their own newspaper. Then, they vandalize the school by putting posters on the walls. Greg goes to the principal's office and has to clean up marks the posters left.

Next, he had to survive being snowed in with his family. First, Manny plays on Greg's favorite game and changes his password. Next, he couldn't watch TV because Manny changed the parental lock. Later he couldn't play video games because his mom loved her new exercise video game. Finally, the snow stopped and the police came. He thought it was for him, but it was for last minute toys for the toy drive.

Have you read GBM Corner?

Have you read any of these books?

What would you rate them?



3 comments:

Mark L. said...

Thanks, Jaden! I will review your blog. I just posted a movie review. And a video game review of Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 is coming soon

Jaden said...

@ Mark,

Thank you for your fantastic comment. I love your blog. Also, you did a great job on your review about my blog. I can't wait to see what Lego Harry Potter is about! Is it a good game?

Sincerely,
Jaden

Mark L. said...

@Jaden

Yes. I'm almost done playing it.

Thanks,
Mark